Inspiration to travel can come in interesting forms. With people constantly updating their statuses from all over the world, there’s no shortage of opinion online about where you should go next. The sheer amount of information can be daunting! You may not always know where you want to go, so here are five things that just may inspire you to get out and travel!
Places to Find Travel Inspiration
1. Books – It nearly goes without saying that reading a good book can be inspiration to travel. Sometimes it’s into space, through time, or just out of your own hometown. It’s amazing how much a book can make you feel emotions. Leave your kindle at home and head to your local library! Try some of the staff picks, or find the classic novel you never got around to reading. It can be a very rewarding experience that may have you planning your next trip!
2. Museums – Looking at works of art from around the globe is a great way to get inspired to want to see more of it! Here in Maine, the Portland Museum of Art always has outstanding galleries, and there is even free admission on Fridays from 5-9pm! Why not take a trip to your local museum and see how it makes you feel? You may find yourself thinking about seeing the locations where your favorite painting or sculpture comes from!
3. Driving – Of course this is our preferred method of travel, but there’s something about hitting the open road with no destination in mind that can lead to all kinds of adventure. Sometimes it’s nice to just see where the road takes you!
4. Conversation – Sometimes a conversation with a stranger can lead to your next trip! Next time you’re in a coffee shop, strike up a conversation about travel! It’s interesting to hear other people’s opinions when you can talk to them face to face, versus just reading online reviews. Listen to other people’s first hand experience to get an idea of where you want, or don’t want to travel next!
5. Travel Agencies – If you’re thinking about a vacation and you’re not sure where you would like to go, find the nearest travel agent and ask them what they think. Most agents can ask you a few questions about your interests, hobbies, likes, dislikes, and preferred climate to find a destination that’s just right for you. Travel agents love to travel, and can always offer suggestions and first hand advice on what locations you might want to see on your next vacation!
Wherever your inspiration comes from, there’s no doubt that there’s something appealing about travel for everyone!