Travel provides the opportunity to step outside your comfort zone and experience something new. At its best, it broadens the mind and enriches our lives. At its worst, it bewilders and exhausts us, leaving us burnt out and unable to get out of the hotel bed. There are some proactive steps you can take to ensure that your travel is as rewarding and insightful as possible:
Steps to Prepare for Travel
1) Do a little research. Some people disagree with me on this point and think that spontaneity is king, but I find that I am less overwhelmed if I am armed with some info about my destination.
2) Stay hydrated and eat lots of small meals as opposed to gorging and overeating. Comfort is an integral part of your travel experience and the right nutrition is an integral part of comfort.
3) I cannot stress this one enough, do not drink to excess. A hangover coupled with jet lag is a recipe for disaster.
4) Don’t try to cram everything in. Running from tourist attraction to tourist attraction because you’re afraid you’ll miss something will guarantee missing something: a good time. Relax and concentrate on the quality of your experiences rather than the quantity.
5) Try to get along with your travel partners. Travel can be very stressful, so keep that in mind and cut people some slack. This is probably the hardest tip to follow, but its also the most rewarding if you can do it.
These guidelines have helped me through the years and I try to practice what I preach, even though it can be hard. Auto Europe can arrange your international car rental and offer you the piece of mind that your transportation needs will be met, leaving you with one less thing to worry about.