A car rental in Ireland is a great way to get around the Emerald Isle and explore from city to city. When you pick up your Dublin car rental, be sure and check out these 5 free things to do while in Dublin – Ireland’s fantastic capital city.
5 of Our Favorite Free Adventures in Dublin
• Dublin Tourism iWalks: Dublin Tourism iWalks features tours of a variety of landmarks, such as Viking and Medieval Dublin, Dun Laoghaire, the Croke Park Museum, and the Georgian buildings in Dublin. Perhaps the most educational tour from Dublin Tourism iWalks, is of the castles and cathedrals of Dublin. The expedition covers everything from Dublin Castle to St. Patrick’s.
• National Museum of Ireland: The National Museum of Ireland boasts an archaeological collection of ancient artifacts, ranging from the Mesolithic period to the medieval era. The artifacts include prehistoric gold, examples of Celtic and medieval art, and relics, such as coins and silver ingots, of the nation’s Viking past. Also featured here are the Kingship and Sacrifice exhibitions, which focus on two Iron Age bodies, found in Oldcroghan in Offaly and Clonycavan in Meath. In addition, be sure and check out the more than 3,000 treasures of their Egyptian collection, which include mummies, jewelry and cosmetics, as well as various elements used for social, cultural, and religious practices decades before.
• Howth Coastal Path: The Howth Coastal Path is a great location for both history and sightseeing alike. The cliff is marked by an ancient burial cairn, said to be the final resting place of Ireland’s last giant, while also offering breathtaking views of Lambay Island and Baily Lighthouse. If you continue along the designated path, you will eventually find yourself within the Howth village.
• Irish Museum of Modern Art: The Irish Museum of Modern Art houses over 4,500 works of art, including exhibitions featuring such artists as Durer, Rembrandt, Hogarth, and Goya. This establishment also contains the efforts of local artists, ranging from paintings and sculptures to photography and exhibits.
• North Bull Island: North Bull Island, said to house over 25,000 wading birds, is located in the beautiful Dublin Bay. The island is a nature reserve and bird sanctuary today but was once the location of an international rifle match in 1880 between Ireland and the United States. This is a great place to converge with nature while reliving Ireland’s history.
Enjoy Dublin Day Trips with Auto Europe
Enjoying your vacation doesn’t have to break the bank! Embark on day trips in Dublin, Ireland, and explore one, or all of these free attractions and destinations around the Emerald Isle’s capital city. In addition to car rentals, Auto Europe also provides incredible deals on overseas airfare, hotel accommodations, and even GPS rentals! Give Auto Europe a call or click today, at 1-888-223-555, to speak to one of our knowledgable and friendly reservations agents, and prepare to go on the vacation of a lifetime in Dublin!
Have you ever traveled to Dublin? What free, fun-filled adventures did you find? Share your experiences with us below!